This update was recently mailed to all of our members.
Here is the letter recently sent to all registered members of the parish from the finance committee.
Click here for the November 2022 Financial letter and report
Fr. David shared the following information at all the Masses the weekend of September 10 & 11.
Survey Results & Next Steps
I’d like to take a few minutes to review the results of the Social Center Survey and talk about our next steps.
- 96% of the survey respondents said they would like to move forward with a new Social Center.
- The biggest concern shared by everyone is the cost and the affordability.
- A great deal of ideas and information was provided which will help direct the Building Committee as they begin the process of developing a plan for a new Social Center that will serve our current parish needs and, in the years to come.
This is great news and provides us with a goal to work towards as a community. It also means that there are steps we can take now to make our new Social Center a reality.
- As in all things, we must ask God to be at the center of this project, for through Him all things are possible.
- I would ask each of us to pray the following prayer daily.
Heavenly Father, You are the Architect and Creator of all things Holy,
hear our prayers for our new Social Center.
Send forth Your Spirit that we may humbly be guided by Your Divine Will.
Touch our hearts with true generosity to raise up a space
for our community to encounter You outside of Mass,
to provide opportunities to walk with each other in faith,
and to draw others into relationship with You.
We ask this in Jesus' Name. Amen
- A strong fiscal foundation for this project is very important.
- The Finance Committee is currently working to re-assess our parish budget to get our fiscal house in order. This past year, we incurred many large and unexpected expenses which included: roof repairs, a boiler replacement, and some major air conditioning expenses, just to name a few. As a result, we are operating with a deficit.
- In the next few weeks, they will be sharing what we need to do as a community to get our finances on track for the year ahead and to position us to support a new Social Center.
- A vision for the new Social Center can be researched and developed.
- In the next month or so, I will be establishing a Building Committee from the long list of people who expressed an interest in being part of this process.
- This group will then begin the process of assessing the needs of the various parish groups and ministries.
- Equally important will be consulting people who possess knowledge and skills that will give insight to the needs and requirements of specific spaces.
- This group will also be tasked with envisioning the future needs of the parish, so that the new Social Center will enable us to grow.
- We can begin funding this project.
- Based on the incredible effort put forth by the community at our recent Tag Sale, I am encouraged that we can do great things when we work together for a common goal.
- In the next month or so, I will be establishing a Fundraising Committee from the list of people who expressed an interest in being part of this process.
- I will encourage them to get creative and consider a variety of ideas to help us reach our still-to-be-determined financial goal.
- And I would once again remind you of how important it is to continue making monthly contributions to our Building Fund. Every contribution, no matter the size, brings us closer to making the new Social Center a reality.
As a parish, we have much work ahead of us to reach the desired goal of building a new Social Center that will better serve the needs of our community. I am encouraged by the survey responses, and I believe that together we can do this.
Dear Parishioners and Friends -
In my last communication, I asked you to prayerfully consider the current needs of our parish, think about the activities that are on hold due to space constraints, imagine the possibilities for our community going forward and to please continue your monthly giving to our building fund.
These considerations are crucial, as we look to move forward to making our new social center a reality. With this in mind, several Focus Group Sessions will be held to explore the possibilities.
Focus Group Sessions will be held in the Church.
Wednesday, July 20 - 5:30 PM
Sunday, July 24 - Following the 8 AM Mass
Sunday, July 24 - Following the 10:30 AM Mass
Each session will last about an hour and will be facilitated to maximize everyone’s time and the sharing of information and ideas.
I hope you will make time to attend one of these sessions. Your input is needed in determining what this new structure will include and if we have the financial support to move forward with this next phase of building up our parish community.
As I shared before, this is so much bigger than just building a new social center. This is about creating space to encounter Christ outside of Mass, providing opportunities to walk with each other in faith, and draw others into relationship with Our Lord.
This is a great adventure and I hope you desire to be part of it.
In God’s great love -
Our Mortgage Burning Ceremony took place on Sunday, June 26 following the final blessing at the 10:30 AM Mass.
The following information was shared with parishioners the weekend of June 11 & 12, 2022. Additional updates will be added to this page as it becomes available.
Dear Parishioners and Friends -
I have great news to share. The church mortgage has been paid off!!
Thanks to your generous contributions over the years, we reached this milestone ahead of time.
Join us for a Mortgage Burning Ceremony
Sunday, June 26 at the 10:30 AM Mass.
When the parish embarked on this adventure, the original plans were for a combined church, social center and offices, with a separate rectory, on one campus. But, due to the cost and our immediate need for worship space, the plans were redrawn for completion in phases.
Phase 1 - Church Phase 2 - Rectory Phase 3 - Social Center and Offices
With the first two phases completed, we are looking ahead to the feasibility and timing of Phase 3. Over the summer, we will be sharing information and solidifying plans on how we will move forward.
I ask you to prayerfully consider the current needs of our parish, think about the activities that are on hold due to space constraints, imagine the possibilities for our community going forward and continue your monthly giving to our building fund.
This is so much bigger than just building a new social center. This is about creating space to encounter Christ outside of Mass, providing opportunities to walk with each other in faith, and draw others into relationship with Our Lord.
This is an exciting time for our parish community. Come celebrate this great achievement and join me for the next phase of the adventure.
In God’s great love -