Lent 2019 Meatless Fridays Recipe of the Week: Jumbo Shrimp & Asparagus
Mar 12, 2019
Jumbo Shrimp & Asparagus
- 2 Cups Water
- 2 Bunches Asparagus (trimmed and cut into 1” pieces)
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 24 Large Fresh shrimp (peeled, deveined and cut in half lengthwise )
- 2 Teaspoons Chopped Fresh Ginger Root
- 3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 2 Teaspoons Granulated Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Dry Sherry
- Salt to Taste
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Cook asparagus in boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons of liquid.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté the shrimp pieces until the color changes (3 - 5 minutes). Stir in asparagus with reserved liquid , and season with ginger, soy sauce, sugar, sherry and salt to taste. Continue to cook for 5 more minutes.