Knights of Columbus Council 10698
2016-2017 Council Officers
|Grand Knight||Willie Lebrunemail@example.com|
|Chaplain||Fr. Jack Sheafferfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dep. Grd Knight||Brian O'Learyemail@example.com|
|Recorder||PGK Michael Griffinfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Advocate||PGK Paul Vanasseemail@example.com|
|Inside Guard||Kevin Bowenfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Outside Guard||Jacque Benoitemail@example.com|
|Trustee 1 year||PGK Everett Humefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Trustee 2 years||Tom Curtoemail@example.com|
|Trustee 3 years||Robert Christfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Financial Secretary||Norm Gousyemail@example.com|
|Lecturer||PGK Terry Carneyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|District III Deputy||PGK Rob Krafchukemail@example.com|
Current Knights of Columbus Newsletter
A Few Facts About the Knights of Columbus
- The Knights of Columbus was founded in 1882 by Father Michael J. McGivney, a young parish priest in New Haven, CT.
- It is a strong supporter of the Catholic Church, both in deeds and financially, from the parish level to the Vatican.
- It has an international membership of over 1.8 million devoted Catholic men.
- It is a family oriented fraternal organization based on the principles of Charity, Unity, Fraternity and Patriotism open to all practicing Catholic men eighteen years older.
- Its benefits, services, insurance and programs are available to every member in good standing and their family.
A Few Facts About St. Francis of Assisi Knights of Columbus Council 10698
- Members contribute their time according to their own availability. There is no specific time or participation obligation.
- We devote ourselves to our parish and community assisting those in need and the handicapped.
- We sponsor social events throughout the year, such as; Pasta dinners, Children’s Christmas Party, Sweetheart Dinner Dance, St. Patrick’s Day dinner, bowling, Mini Golf Tournament.
- We sponsor and arrange trips to local shrines, professional sporting events, theatrical venues, tourist attractions and casinos.
- We contribute and participate in annual parish and community events such as; a candle lighted Living Rosary, the Memorial Day Parade & ceremony, the annual Parish Tag Sale, the Belchertown Fair & Parade.
- We meet twice a month on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of each month at 7 p.m. at our Council home on Jabish Street. Prior to the 1st meeting of the month (on the second Tuesday) members are invited to have dinner together at 6 p.m. in the council home, usually prepared by a fellow Knight of the council.
If you would like to learn more about the Knights of Columbus and joining St Francis of Assisi Council 10698, For more information contact the Grand Knight at 413-323-5822 or PGK Tom Grady at 413-323-4936 . We would be honored to have you join us in this unique celebration of our faith.